Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE678882
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Senior Analyst will develop and maintain School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) information systems and Web applications whilst leading teams to undertake analysis and design new computer systems or major change to existing systems.
The successfully applicant will mainly maintain ASP.NET and Angular based Student Record systems. Experience in developing and maintaining computer systems based on complex mathematical modelling is highly desirable. This positions work within a team-based environment for specific IT projects and the reporting relationships may change from time to time.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial skills and experience in managing the preparation, planning and control of system analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support of computer system.
- Skills and experience in the development and deployment of applications in web-based front end, SQL Server and Microsoft.net framework and code generator such as LLBLGEN.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, research and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and clarify problems and generate appropriate strategies to address them.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including system documentation, report writing and user training, with the ability to produce technical and non-technical documentation.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Considerable experience with a Student Records system and Tele form scanning; including providing training and technical assistance to users.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact George Leung, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9273 6323 or emailing George.Leung@scsa.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing selection criteria one, two, three and six (1,2,3 and 6) in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 6 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED