Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS677290
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Quinns Rocks Primary School (PS) is seeking two (2) dedicated and hardworking cleaners to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available commencing Week 5 in Term 2:
- A permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position
- A permanent part time (0.25FTE) position
As a Cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Quinns Rocks Primary School is a school with a well-founded sense of community and family. The school was built in 1980 and features traditional school buildings that are the oldest construction in a suburb rapidly growing to the north. The enrolment intake area comprises the long established 'Old Quinns' development which provides a diverse population range and is characterised by a relatively low transient rate. We have the optimal enrolment of just under 400 children but our catchment is diminishing it its capacity. The majority of our children come from out of our catchment.
Staff are welcoming, personable professionals, who in the large majority of cases, are experienced and long serving in this local school community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Quinns Rocks Primary School please visit www.quinnsrocksps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Margaret Holder, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 6206 5200 or emailing Margaret.Holder@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and a recent employer.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time or;
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at 6 Rees Drive, Quinns Rocks before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 April 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED