Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS676580
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a motivated and committed Workplace Learning Support Officer to join their hard-working team.
As our Workplace Learning Officer you will be responsible for liaising with students, parents and employers to achieve high levels of Work placement and work experience outcomes. The successful applicant is required to place approximately 120 students twice a year, liaising with the Local Industry Partners and businesses, ensuring students are placed according to suitability to gain skills whilst also benefiting the host company.
Other responsibilities of this role include liaising with outside agencies to establish, develop and support school based traineeships/apprenticeships and achieving positive outcomes for all Vocational Education and Training (VET) students. The successful applicant will possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with others in a team environment. The applicant will require a high level of experience with spreadsheets, data entry and knowledge of curriculum content.
Australind SHS has a proud history of academic, sporting, and human success. Today, as an Independent Public School, we approach the future with energy, determined to provide our students with a first class education and a fulfilling and well-rounded schooling experience. A careful balance of academic and life learning plays an important role.
The school is nestled in an environmental wonderland and students learn to value the world around them through exploration and activities only available because of its enviable location. Respect and concern for the natural and cultural environment is one of the school’s core teachings.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating suitable programs for students acquiring life skills and/or accessing recreational activities.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
- Well-developed problem solving skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Maureen Bailey, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 4405 or emailing Maureen.Bailey@education.wa.edu.au
During the vacation period please contact the Australind Senior High School Office Staff on (08) 9797 4400.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain or hold a valid ‘White Card’
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.