Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE678171
We currently have the following positions available:
All positions will commence ASAP.
The Strategic Policy Branch is seeking to appoint highly dedicated and motivated individuals to the roles of Policy Officer.
The Strategic Policy Unit operates as part of the Strategy and Policy Division which is responsible for developing and implementing system wide strategies and policies to support Department and student educational outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced policy officers who will provide advice in the development and implementation of strategy and policy, including engaging with communities and schools to understand their needs and issues. We are looking for individuals who, in collaboration with Department stakeholders, will work to develop, coordinate, review and evaluate strategies, projects and policies and achieve outcomes.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed skills in the development of strategy and policy frameworks, including maintaining an understanding of current State and National education issues, trends, strategies and policies.
- Well developed research, analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, including the ability to apply strategic thinking to achieve outcomes.
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of briefing notes, reports and strategies.
- Well developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to undertake high-level consultation, collaboration, co-design and negotiations, build effective networks and work constructively as part of a team.
- Well developed organisational and planning skills, including a proven ability to prioritise tasks to meet conflicting deadlines
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Rayner, Chief Policy Officer by telephoning (08) 9264 0164 or emailing Andrew.Rayner@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to
- commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED