Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS680581
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and professional Library Officer to join their team. The successful applicant will have a great knowledge of books and reading is a passion to be able to refer the students to books to read. Experience in asset and resource management is desirable.
The successful applicant should have excellent customer service, meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. The successful applicant will model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with teachers, students, school support staff, our school community. The successful applicant would have the skills to competently work independently without supervision or direction in this role with an excellent focus on team work.
Australind SHS is at the heart and soul of the town of Australind – a vibrant, modern community which enjoys a wonderful, relaxed lifestyle located just 14 minutes from central Bunbury. As an Independent Public School since 2013 Australind SHS is providing world class secondary schooling options to the south west. As a Registered Training Organisation Australind offers a vast selection of vocational pathways and Nationally Recognised Qualifications delivered on site. The school is steeped in tradition – a tradition where every student matters. Its core beliefs stem from their aim to value the potential of every student and expect them to make significant progress irrespective of their starting point. Australind SHS reflects the growing local community. It is in itself a diverse community of smart, interesting, engaging people – both staff and students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Maureen Bailey, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 4400 or emailing Maureen.Bailey@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact the Australind Senior High School Office Staff on (08) 9797 4400.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, April 29 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.