Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP681218
Are you seeking a challenging, exciting and professionally satisfying career?
Mount Lockyer Primary School (MLPS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Principals for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022
As a Deputy Principal at MLPS you will ideally be an excellent educator, possessing the ability to collaborate with teachers and support staff to achieve outstanding student results. You will be driven, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to engage with individuals at all levels. Evidence of your ability to lead teaching and learning, in a culturally responsive environment, particularly Literacy, Numeracy, Early Childhood and students requiring support to access the curriculum, will be highly regarded.
We are looking for applicants with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who are committed to achieving the best possible educational outcomes for each individual student. Suitable applicants will work in a team with the Principal, another Deputy Principal and lead teachers and support staff across the school. The position will have responsibility for leading teaching and learning, predominately Literacy, Numeracy, Early Childhood Education and Students at Educational Risk. Suitable applicants will ideally demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum, analysis of student performance data, reporting using SIRS (Student Information Records System) and SENN planning.
Mount Lockyer Primary School provides a learning environment where children will have access to positive and challenging teaching programs allowing all to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become confident independent learners. The experienced, professional staff deliver a broad and challenging curriculum facilitating exploration and development of individual talents. We are a high-performing regional school with a strong vision which encompasses the concept that we are all accountable and responsible for every child in the school. Our motto of 'care, compassion, excellence, Mount Lockyer Primary School a place to learn and grow’, relates to each child being supported to reach their potential, in partnership with the school, their families and the wider community.
Our school staff are committed to building positive relationships, with the motivation to pursue excellence. Our dedicated and professional teachers maintain an environment which supports each child every day to achieve their personal best. Staff employ evidence-based strategies within a defined whole-school approach to maximise the effect they have on student learning. In addition, we constantly aim to deliver the highest standards of pastoral care and support services in order to enable our students to thrive.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Lockyer Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Maxine Augustson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9842 0100 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of no more than four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED