Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP679359
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Geographe Primary School is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated Deputy Principal to join their vibrant team.
The successful applicant will display effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with an ability to develop constructive, respectful and positive relationships with staff, students, parents and the wider community. The successful applicant will have strong leadership skills to drive a culture of continuous whole school improvement that supports staff to implement high impact, evidenced based instructional strategies.
The successful applicant will ideally possess extensive knowledge in whole school approaches to curriculum, data analysis, self-review, and the ability to successfully assist staff with identifying key areas of focus to support the school’s strategic directions, Business Plan and annual Operational Plans. The ability to establish genuine rapport with students whilst developing and implementing behaviour interventions is a key component of this role. Leadership in Student Services, including the management of case conferences, would be highly regarded. The ability to lead and manage Information Communication and Technology (ICT) in a school setting is also desirable.
Geographe Primary School is an independent public school in Busselton that focuses on inclusion and excellence, and fosters wellbeing and positive engagement of all its students. The school motto, ‘Together Toward Future Horizons’, underpins our focus on equipping our students with the necessary skills and attributes required now and into the future. Geographe Primary School values personal excellence and respects diversity. We aim for both high academic performance and emotional and social wellbeing. At Geographe Primary School we strive to develop resilient individuals that maintain an optimistic outlook on life. We embrace new technologies and aim to provide a contemporary education that caters for all.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geographe Primary School can be found by visiting http://www.geographeps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Greg Clarke, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9751 7800 or emailing Greg.Clarke@education.wa.edu.au
During the school vacation period you can contact Greg on 0438 660 922.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.