Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE678421
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
Are you a collaborative team member who builds effective professional relationships? Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
If so, we think that this new position offers an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our supportive and hardworking Workforce Supply, Mobility and Reform team.
Our team of Senior Project Officers contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, systems, procedures and initiatives related to the attraction and retention of the Department’s workforce. This new position will work closely with our team that coordinates employee housing and relocations. The focus of this role will be to work with our key stakeholders to identify and then implement a cohesive plan of process and customer service improvements to better support our staff employed in regional Western Australia.
An early priority will be for the successful applicant to survey our regional leaders to gather local knowledge about the housing conditions and experiences of our regional staff.
Further information about subsidised employee housing and relocation support can be found on the Teach in WA website.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of current issues, policies and best practice related to contemporary strategic human resource planning and management, including attraction and retention issues.
- Highly developed project management skills, including project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide strategies to address issues.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team and cooperatively with others at all levels and in range of contexts.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in presenting to large groups of people, and in the preparation of reports, Ministerials and briefing notes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Joanna Rodgers, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 5761 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria 1,3 and 4 in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED