Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE678445
This position is available on a five (5) year fixed term, full time basis, commencing ASAP
Make a difference to our public schools and students by leading a high performing team that contributes positively to their success.
We are seeking a progressive leader with exceptional leadership skills to fill the position of Executive Director Statewide Services.
We are a large public school system that aims to ensure that each of our 822 schools is appropriately supported to deliver quality educational programs and services. As part of our Department’s senior leadership team, this position has a very significant role in successfully attaining this aim.
With a strong focus on student achievement, the Statewide Services Division includes portfolios which encompass both school and system wide service delivery. The Division not only provides services and support to schools to facilitate positive learning outcomes for students, but also plays a key role in developing policy and strategy relating to student achievement.
The existing model of service delivery to schools is being transformed to strengthen support to schools. Modelling exemplary educational leadership, values and behaviours, you will lead a committed group of professionals through a significant organisational change to achieve this goal.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an innovative and accomplished educational leader with considerable experience in a large and complex educational organisation. You will work closely with the Deputy Director General, Student Achievement and your executive colleagues, and will need to demonstrate you are an innovative strategic leader with the ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and provide sound strategic advice.
More details on the role and the Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Job Description Form.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Shapes and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements. The business needs of the Department and Division may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jim Bell, Deputy Director General Student Achievement by telephoning (08) 9264 5068 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A no more than three (3) page statement describing your skills and experience, Responses should be in the context of the role and business needs as they are described above.
- A comprehensive CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your experience and capabilities relevant to the role; and
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to your suitability for this role.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED