Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678097
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension twelve (12) months and/or permanency
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Hedland Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Marketing and Media Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
The role of the Media and Marketing Officer is to provide operational support in the development, implementation and management of the school’s Media and Marketing Plan. You will establish and maintain effective relationships with print and electronic news media and other key stakeholders, and assist school management in ensuring all school communication activities are coordinated effectively. You will be responsible in the development and implementation of media strategies and have the ability to actively seek out new opportunities to further increase the reach of online communications and school publications within our school and wider community including our Alumni.
As the Media and Marketing Officer, will need to have an interest in social media platforms and be able to develop a range of communications, publications and materials to support marketing activities and events. In addition, maintaining and updating the school’s website, software applications and social media platforms to ensure content is current.
Hedland Senior High School, located in South Hedland in the Pilbara, is an Independent Public School catering for students from Years 7 to 12. Hedland SHS prides itself on the staff’s commitment to a system of positive behaviour supports which focus on care, courtesy, respect and responsibility; these values underpin our philosophy at Hedland Senior High School. All staff strive to maintain a school culture which encourages a high standard of behaviour & performance. We take an approach that is inclusive, explicit and supports all students and staff to achieve success.
The school has worked hard to build a positive reputation for the excellent educational opportunities it offers students, the emphasis on structures and mechanisms to support staff development and professional growth and for its high standards of achievement. Staff and students are encouraged to achieve personal excellence in all aspects of their daily activities and to interact with each other and with the wider community in a positive, constructive and socially responsible manner.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and/or communication plans.
- Experience in coordinating events and marketing activities.
- Knowledge of content management systems and ability to manage and maintain information systems including websites and databases.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound research, conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to think clearly and solve problems autonomously.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hedland Senior High School can be found by visiting www.hedlandshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Janine Keall, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9881 9300 or emailing Janine.Keall@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4)pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.