Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS680030
This is a permanent part-time (0.48FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Mount Lawley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a friendly and enthusiastic Home Economics Assistant to join our team.
The role of the Home Economics Assistant is to assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and under teacher direction, implements individual or small group programs or demonstrations. In addition, you will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and you will be required to assist the teacher with the cleaning and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
Founded in 1955, Mount Lawley Senior High School was rebuilt in 2004 and is located within a residential suburb 5 kilometres north of the Perth CBD. It comprises three sub-schools; Years 7 & 8, Years 9 & 10 and Years 11 & 12. It hosts one of two Gifted and Talented Languages programs in the state, an approved Specialist Visual and Performing Arts program, a Jazz Music program and the innovative Aboriginal Excellence Program. A premier school in Western Australia, Mount Lawley Senior High School offers a breadth of curriculum choices and has a rich history of student success and achievement.
A major strength of the school is its strong links and partnerships with parents, alumni and the broader community. Parents continue to play a key role in planning for the future and participate in all aspects of school life. All staff at Mount Lawley Senior High School are committed to the provision of learning programs that cater for all post-school destinations including university, TAFE and employment.
With the school vision of Inspire to Aspire and a motto of Truth and Courtesy, there is an expectation that staff and students commit to the attainment of personal best and excellence in all aspects of school life.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Lawley Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lawley.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Moxey, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 0412 033 268 or emailing Julie.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.