Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678501
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021.
Balcatta Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener – Handyperson to join their team.
The successful applicant will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The gardener also maintains tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and provides advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance. In addition, the successful applicant will ensure that formal and informal sports areas are marked as required and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Balcatta SHS is situated in the northern suburbs of Perth. As an Independent Public School, we make decisions at the local level to ensure all our students are successful and to better meet the needs of our school community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Balcatta Senior High School please visit www.balcattashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Sharon Beccarelli , Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9345 8227 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period please contact Sharon Beccarelli on 0417 980 699.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.