Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE666885
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension (12) months and/or permanency
The Business and Customer Services (BCS) Directorate within the Education Business Services Division, is looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and committed officer to join our team in the Business Capability – Improvements branch.
The focus of the branch is to assist with the management and communication of improvement initiatives and operational activities that support the corporate services work undertaken in WA public schools and the Department of Education.
The role of Communications Officer will assist in the communication activity of the branch by creating, developing and managing print, presentation and online content. You will be responsible for adhering to the writing standards and frameworks adopted by the Department and embedding the processes to support communication activity. You will also liaise with other business areas to provide advice, support and guidance on the development and management of communication material.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in the planning and delivery of a broad range of internal communication services, including but not limited to, material for strategic messaging, operational updates and process instructions.
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative communications strategies across a range of activities including in an online environment.
- Proven ability to analyse broader issues and develop innovative communications strategies which focus on stakeholder engagement.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels both internal and external to the organisation.
- Highly developed written communication skills.
- Proven ability to organise, prioritise and manage work against project timelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please contact Richard Farr, A/Manager – Business Improvement by telephoning (08) 9264 4611 or emailing Richard.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED