Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS679217
Millen Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaners In Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
Suitable applicants should be highly motivated and proactive and take pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff. They will also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and responding to issues raised by other school staff.
At Millen PS we look forward to educating your child and seeing them grow, discover and prepare themselves for the future. Located in East Victoria Park, Millen Primary School caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. In 2017 Millen Primary School became an Independent Public School. The school community welcomed the opportunities this provided to continue our strong focus on quality teaching in the classroom.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Millen Primary School please visit millenps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Janine Leng, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0407 256 006 or emailing Janine.Leng@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 April 2021.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.