Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS680173
As of Wednesday, 14 April 2021 at 1:45PM (WST) an amendment was made to paragraph 2.
Sevenoaks Senior College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers, to join our Workplace Learning Team, for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
Suitable applicant will ideally possess previous experience in the provision of Workplace Learning, Vocational Education and Training, and Registered Training Organisation (RTO) administration, including pre start forms, monitoring sheets, Certificates of Currency monitoring, USI student assistance, induction, student file preparation, school based WPL and VET data management systems, RTO compliance documentation and data collation and professional communication with external individuals and agencies.
You will ideally be adaptable and ready to take on challenges and learn new skills. You will also have sound organisational skills, possess the ability to keep to timelines in their day to day working environment and be a supportive, capable team member. Attention to detail and working within the Department of Education/ Workplace Learning procedures and processes is highly desirable.
Sevenoaks SC is an Independent Public School and a Registered Training Organisation that provides students with a progressive and practical alternative approach to Year 11 and 12 schooling. Our central focus is on maintaining an engaging young adult environment that supports and empowers students to fulfil their individual academic, career and social aspirations. The modern approach to education offered at Sevenoaks Senior College equips all students to develop the social skills, values and understanding to be future-ready, informed citizens.
As a senior campus, Sevenoaks SC caters for up to 500 students aged 16-19 years, predominantly from the Cannington and Maddington areas, but also from many other parts of the state. Students represent many cultural backgrounds, contributing to our richly diverse and dynamic learning environment. We provide a number of flexible pathways designed to capitalise on the unique interests and strengths of all individuals. Students can opt for pathways to university, vocational training or the workforce through their study of ATAR, General or Foundation WACE courses and TAFE Certificate qualifications. Our Workplace Learning programs allows students to gain important industry skills and to make valuable connections with the community and potential future employers.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sevenoaks SC can be found by visiting sevenoaks.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Caroline Chellew, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6235 7200 or emailing Caroline.Chellew@education.wa.edu.au. During school holidays please contact Caroline Chellew on 0407 470 301.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.