Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673627
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Comet Bay College is seeking to appoint an energetic, self-motivated and dedicated Administrative Support Officer - Facilities to join their friendly grounds staff.
The Administration Support Officer - Facilities actively provides support to the Manager Corporate Services and Principal in the daily operations of the school, ensuring facilities, equipment and buildings are well-maintained, and school records and management information systems are accurate, up-to-date and routinely maintained.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for coordinating and liaising with various contractors and service providers to carry out on-site repairs, maintenance and minor works as required, and in line with Department of Education requirements.
Comet Bay College is a large, modern and state of the art educational facility catering for students in Years 7 to 12. Situated in Secret Harbour, a coastal community 64 kilometres from Perth, the College draws students from its partner primary schools located in the Golden Bay, Secret Harbour and Singleton areas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in general clerical and administrative duties.
- Organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining facilities, equipment and buildings.
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Comet Bay College can be found by visiting www.cometbaycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jennifer Tarr Manager Corporate, by telephoning (08) 9553 8102 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.