Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678055
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Structured Workplace Learning Support Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
Suitable applicant will support the provision of selection, training and induction of students for the workplace, the induction and training of workplace supervisors and fostering networks for workplace teachers and assessors. You will monitor student progress, including checking student logbooks for satisfactory completion and working hours as well as preparing and undertaking the relevant paperwork and correspondence. Under the direction of the Workplace Learning Coordinator you will be able to conduct site visit and meetings with prospective employers.
Suitable applicants will monitor the budget for the program and evaluate enrolments and completion data and provide reports to the Structured Workplace Learning Coordinator.
Lynwood SHS is an Independent Public School situated 15kms south of Perth and caters for Years 7 to 12 students. We are a unique school that specialises in Sustainability Education, both socially through a strong focus on building respect and concern for others as well environmentally and the part our students will play in the world of tomorrow. Whilst our focus is sustainability we have a broad curriculum including a Specialist Soccer Program and a comprehensive choice of vocational education and training pathways for Year 11 and 12 students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- skills in developing, implementing and evaluating Workplace Learning programs.
- well-developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers and parents.
- sound organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Natalie Simms, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9354 0600 or School Break 0459875315 or emailing Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.