Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE680451
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Business and Customer Services (BCS) Directorate is looking to recruit a motivated and committed Coordinator Records Operations in the Corporate Information Services branch.
The Coordinator Records Operations will be responsible for leading teams that provide advice and consultancy to Department staff on archiving and disposal and other records management issues, within the agency. The Coordinator Records Operations will be required to liaise with schools and Central Office business units around their recordkeeping matters, manage the agency switchboard, and manage mail and offsite storage contracts.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed leadership and management skills in a large and diverse records management environment.
- Well developed analytical and conceptual skills, including the ability to developed innovative policy and procedures.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and provide an effective and efficient customer service.
- Well developed knowledge of issues and trends affecting public records management and experience in the interpretation and application of legislation, in particular the State Records Act 2000.
- Well developed project and financial management skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandy Foy, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 4361 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of no more than four (4) pages addressing the selection criteria, outlining your knowledge, skills and experience in meeting the job related requirements, and within the context of the position.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- hold or obtain a current Class C Western Australian Driver’s Licence
- be eligible for professional membership to the Records Management Association of Australasia
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED