Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678626
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Welcome to Cooloongup Primary School!
Cooloongup Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint a thorough and hard-working Cleaner In Charge to join their wonderful team.
The role of Cleaner In Charge leads, organises and supervises the cleaning staff and maintains their time-book, reports absences and arranges relief staff. You will be responsible for opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system. Other responsibilities include undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school. You will manage and monitor staff leave entitlements to ensure leave is cleared within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with relevant awards, agreements and Departmental policy. In addition, you will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and conduct monthly inspections, as well as provide advice and support consistent with Department of Education policy and procedures.
The successful applicant will have excellent attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. Your aim will be to ensure that high standards of cleaning are maintained at all times.
Cooloongup PS is located away from main roads in a quiet area in the City of Rockingham. Our unique location and grounds provide outdoor play spaces which are safe and inclusive whilst encouraging student exploration in both structure and free play based learning activities. Students participate in a wide range of sporting activities, both in school and Inter-school competitions, each term. Our staff are friendly, cooperative and supportive.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cooloongup Primary School please visit www.cooloongupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Wendy Taylor, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9591 6900 or emailing Wendy.Taylor3@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please call Wendy Taylor on 0413 841 318.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- the ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- the ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception located at 21 Westerly Way, Cooloongup WA 6168, before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 April 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED