Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE676512
This is a thirty-nine (39) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
The Financial Services branch is seeking an enthusiastic Principal Consultant - School Finance Systems to join their team.
As the successful applicant you will provide leadership and strategic direction for the ongoing development, implementation and quality assurance of financial software, financial management systems and processes used in schools. You will implement and review Departmental policies, guidelines, standards and strategic planning to support financial management systems used by schools, ensuring schools financial management systems are enhanced to incorporate contemporary trends and legislative requirements.
The Financial Services branch is responsible for the provision of support to schools on all transactional and technical financial matters as well as finance policy support. The branch also has responsibility for coordinating the schools’ financial systems and for development and provision of training as required.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed skills and experience in the management of the provision of user friendly and integrated financial management systems and substantial knowledge of contemporary financial management methodologies, systems and practices.
- Highly developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality projects and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake productive consultation, collaboration and negotiation and to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on complex financial issues.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in preparing reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- High-level understanding and skill in managing the planning, implementation, monitoring and review of professional development and training programs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact John Jurkowski, Manager Financial Services by telephoning (08) 9264 4950 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria in the context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to ten (10) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED