Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA675662
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Leeming Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to appoint a hard-working and motivated Student Services Program Coordinator to join our supportive team.
As the successful applicant you will lead and manage student engagement for prescribed year groups (initially year 7 and 8), have line management responsibilities and implement whole school initiatives. A teaching load to be negotiated. You will lead proactive strategies that effectively promote behavioural change and learning support for at risk students. This role will require you to function effectively as a professional member of the school senior leadership team. You will ideally have previous experience working across a school, leading Student Services teams, experience in working with external agencies and student pathway planning.
The successful applicant will have excellent engagement strategies with an ability to clearly articulate best practice in student behaviour management. A proven record of making a difference in student performance through utilisation of appropriate skills will be highly regarded. An ability to work effectively as a professional leader both individually and as part of a wider team is a large requirement of this role.
At Leeming SHS we are committed to giving our students the best resources and environment possible to prepare them for a bright future. We see ourselves as partners with parents and students to provide a supporting and caring environment during the High School years.
We seek to achieve Harmony and strive for Excellence. Our motto of Harmony and Excellence guides all members of our School Community to rise to their potential and care for each other.
Leeming SHS has a school community small enough to be able to care about each individual student but large enough to cater for a very broad range of academic and non-academic needs. Nestled between an abundance of bushland, we enjoy a peaceful environment in which to learn and grow.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs); and
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeming Senior High School can be found by visiting www.leeming.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Brendon Wallwork, Principal by telephoning (08) 9237 6800 or during the school holiday period, please call Brendon on 0407 229 060 or emailing Brendon.Wallwork@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include: [red highlighted areas are optional]
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 5 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.