Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS677909
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to our students.
Kinross Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
Suitable applicants will ideally have Certificate in Special Needs and have experience in working with students with a variety of needs, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Diabetes, Anxiety and Trauma. Applicants should be experienced in supporting needs of students with self-regulation of behaviour and social and emotional responses. Experience in using a variety of strategies to develop communication and socialisation skills is also desirable.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of students. Applicants need to be organised and able to use your initiative to assist the teacher with the general care and well-being of students and maintenance of the learning environment. You will work either under general supervision or autonomously and contribute advice and expertise, collaborating with school community members to support student achievement. We are seeking applicants who are committed to enhancing students’ learning opportunities through ongoing reflective classroom practice. You will plan and engage in professional learning opportunities which include collaboration with colleagues. You will also contribute to and maintain a team environment.
Suitable candidates would value developing positive relationships with students, families and colleagues. You have a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to anticipate and adapt to change; showing initiative, flexibility and creative problem solving to produce the best opportunities for students.
Knowledge of and experience with school based programs including Sounds Write, Cars and Stars, Zones of Regulation and Talk 4 Writing would be advantageous when applying for this role.
At Kinross PS our students show CARE as we 'Grow Together'. Students are at the centre of everything we do 'Growing Together' is not only the motto for Kinross Primary School - it embraces everything we value as a school.
Our core values of CARE include Care and Compassion, Acceptance, Respect and Resilience and Excellence. Pastoral care is a strong focus at Kinross PS. We believe in the education of the whole child. Our students are supported and educated to grow intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kinross Primary School can be found by visiting https://www.kinrossps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Bree Short, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9233 6800, 0411 588 993 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three – four (3-4 (max) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.