Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678063
John Curtin College of the Arts (JCCA) is seeking to establish a pool of knowledgeable Gardeners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
Suitable Applicants will maintain the school grounds, gardens and sporting areas in a neat and tidy manner. The successful applicant will be reliable, have a proactive approach to tasks and a strong work ethic.
Suitable Applicants will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other gardener/handyperson duties as required. Good interpersonal skills are necessary, along with the ability to receive and carry out instruction are highly desirable. Applicants will be encouraged to support whole school processes and collaborate with all staff to ensure best outcomes for students.
As Western Australia’s only Selective Arts College, John Curtin College of the Arts caters for over 1800 students from across the State offering gifted and talented courses in media arts, dance (ballet and contemporary), drama, music, music theatre and visual arts. With four decades of experience in gifted and talented education, the college is renowned for delivering quality arts programs and a specialised differentiated curriculum. This provides an exciting approach to learning through specialised and innovative teaching that supports high academic performance. An Independent Public School, winner of 2016 Western Australian Secondary School of the Year, and winner of the Governor’s School STEM Award for Leadership Excellence in a Secondary School, we are recognised for excellence in leadership, advocacy, engagement and achievements in all learning areas across the college.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about John Curtin College of the Arts please visit https://www.jc.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Suzanne Rowley, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0488 132 182 or emailing Suzanne.Rowley@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- Email your completed application form and documents to Suzanne.Rowley@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 13 April 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED