Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS675408
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is seeking a dedicated Vocational Trainer and Assessor to join their Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 52891) team to deliver training in qualifications on the scope of RTO registration.
The successful applicant will ideally have industry currency in a relevant field and will be required to prepare, deliver and assess training programs to a diverse range of learners. The successful applicant will also induct and mentor secondary students throughout their training, ensuring they are aware of course requirements, timelines and resources. An important aspect of the role is to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including schools, students, parents and employers whilst complying with occupation health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
SIDE is the main centre for Kindergarten to Year 12 distance education and online learning. It provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a mainstream school.
SIDE students include:
* geographically isolated and unable to attend a local school.
* long term travellers within Australia and overseas
* unable to attend regular school due to health conditions
* involved in elite sporting or artistic programs
* school-based students whose local schools are unable to offer courses they wish to take.
SIDE offers the same education opportunities and support as most primary and secondary schools, including support for students with disabilities, students with learning difficulties and gifted and talented students. A feature of the student experience at SIDE is the support from teachers in all years, and our secondary student services team. We have a broad range of Year 11 and 12 courses, catering for all post-school destinations, including university, TAFE, private providers and employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Relevant and current industry skills, knowledge, experience and competency in a relevant industry or professional field.
- Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of Training Packages, Australian Qualifications Framework, the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and competency based training and assessment.
- Ability to deliver quality training and assessment to diverse learners, under a range of conditions and contexts.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the appropriate interpersonal skills for working with young people and culturally diverse learners.
- Initiative and organisational skills and the ability to work as a member of a team and offer innovative solutions to support the organisation’s vision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School Of Isolated and Distance Education can be found by visiting www.side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Gazey, Principal Consultant, on 94026135, 0436 819 364, or Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
hold one of the following:
- TAE 40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment: and
- TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A; and:
- AEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B;
Or hold a relevant qualifiction
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- hold and maintain a current ‘C’ class drivers’ licence
- undertake travel throughout the state, including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations and remote locations as required
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.