Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE677123
The North and South Metropolitan Education Regions and Southwest (Albany and Bunbury), Goldfields and Wheatbelt Education Regions are seeking to establish a pool of Participation Coordinators for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise from May 2021 and up to the end of May 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within May 2021, up to the end of May 2022.
Successful applicants from previous process IPS/SS630018 need not re-apply
The Participation Coordinator provides case coordination, brokerage and outreach support services to compulsory school-aged students at risk of disengaging and making an effective transition into appropriate education, training and employment options. The role is responsible for making appropriate assessment of individual students’ needs, including developing high quality plans to access appropriate pathways to a range of post-school options.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Considerable knowledge and experience of youth, education and training services, particularly in relation to at risk compulsory school-aged students.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, in diverse settings and with target groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant professional networks and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to meet competing priorities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Dr Peter Reynolds, Manager Engagement and Transitions, by telephoning (08) 9345 8295 or emailing Peter.Reynolds2@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED