Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH678564
Shelley Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Teacher K-6 for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
Shelley PS is looking for high quality and impactful K-6 teachers who foster a culture of curiosity and innovation, and empower our students to be caring, members of our community
Our school is a vibrant, culturally responsive community where student-centred learning is prioritised, emotional wellbeing is supported and every student feels a strong sense of connection and belonging. We are committed to making a difference for every student in every classroom, every day by providing a learning environment where children feel safe, valued and confident to tackle academic and personal challenges.
Staff at Shelley PS embody the skills below:
- Highly motivated to work collaboratively and engage in a culture of growth and development
- Data literacy – use evidence to differentiate learning and examine the impact of your teaching on student
- Employ progressive, evidence based pedagogies including and follow whole school approaches
- Engage students in purposeful learning by promoting team work and critical and creative thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Personal values well aligned with school’s values
- Highly competent in the integration of Information and Communications technology, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and digital technologies.
Shelley PS has a strong sense of community and belonging. Parents, students and staff know each other well and work together as a team to support student learning.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shelley Primary School can be found by visiting shelleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sarah Hill, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9235 1450 or emailing Sarah.Hill2@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Sarah Hill on 0412 527 633.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 13 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.