Please note as of Friday the 16th of April at 1:55pm, the closing date for this advert was extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS676199
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Western Australian College of Agriculture – Denmark (WACOA – Denmark) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Chef to join their college.
The successful applicant will be a team player and possess strong organisational skills to manage catering for the College. You must hold a trade qualification in cooking or equivalent. You will also provide economic and efficient leadership and training for staff within the catering division of the College.
The successful applicant will present quality and healthy food and varied menus to the students, staff and visitors. The successful applicant will also be responsible for managing and rostering employees. You will ensure food and equipment is ordered as required, within the budgeted funds. The successful applicant will ensure the quality and variety of meals in the catering area of the college is at a high standard.
WACOA – Denmark is a 560 hectare working farm and educational facility for Year 10, 11 and 12 students offering a wide variety of studies and industry training with an agricultural focus. We attract students from all over the state from a wide variety of backgrounds and have a capacity of around 140 students (95 residential students and 45 day students).
While the majority of our student’s board in the College's residential facility, there are a number of day students, and a bus service is provided to and from Albany. Our prime location is both a strength and motivation for us to continue to deliver outstanding outcomes for our students and develop strong partnerships with the community, to ensure our long-term future.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in a commercial cooking environment and ability to organise and prepare meals for approximately 100 people on a daily basis.
- Leadership and management skills including the ability to train and supervise catering staff.
- Experience in stock control, including budgeting and purchasing of food and kitchen supplies.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and prioritise tasks to meet conflicting timelines.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with individuals at all levels.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College of Agriculture - Denmark can be found by visiting www.denmarkag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kelli Gillies, Residential Manager, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning 0428 480 203 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period, please contact Kelli Gillies on 0428 480 203.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a trade qualification in cooking or equivalent
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.