Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS678452
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
West Coast Language Development Centre (LDC) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
As a suitable applicant you will provide administrative assistance with entering student enrolment data, completing administrative duties such as preparing notices and correspondence which require word processing and data software skills. Other responsibilities will include reception duties such as meeting and greeting students and visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
Also, having the ability to type accurately and confidently, would be highly desirable, as would having sound interpersonal skills and the ability to build sustainable working relationships as a valuable team member. Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively would also be highly regarded.
West Coast LDC provides a full time supportive educational placement for children from Kindergarten to Year 1 who have Developmental Language Disorder. Our committed staff provide specialised language and academic intervention on an individual, small group or whole class basis. West Coast LDC is situated across four sites in Padbury, Quinns Beach, Poseidon and East Hamersley primary schools.
The West Coast LDC is a specialist Education Support facility that also includes the Statewide Speech and Language Service (Outreach) for the North Metropolitan (coastal schools) and the Mid-West Educational Regions. The West Coast LDC is a centre of excellence that provides specialist early direct intervention (for students), outreach (for schools and networks) and research and development services in the area of speech, language and associated literacy.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Coast Language Development Centre can be found by visiting westcoastldc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lesley Riches, MCS by telephoning (08) 9407 3052 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Lesley Riches on 0450 678 811
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.