Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE659727
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term ASAP
The Literacy and Numeracy Branch is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to be part of their team.
Please note that this position may be considered as a job share arrangement.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Manager, including creation, editing and formatting of documents; payment of accounts and credit card reconciliations; purchasing; organising travel arrangements; booking catering; and supporting professional learning events and workshops run by the branch. They will prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes, and undertake follow up actions when required; maintain an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other branch activities. Administrative support will also be provided to branch members.
The successful applicant will exhibit a good understanding of government processes, and display good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Applicants displaying strong attention to detail and accuracy as well as the ability to be proactive, multi-task, and use their own initiative will be highly regarded.
Statewide Services Division is responsible for the central portfolios that deliver support services to students and schools across the State to improve educational outcomes for all students. This includes working with Regions to ensure there is state wide integration of support to schools and students, providing policy advice, allocating resources, and monitoring programs and services to ensure high standards.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite in clerical and general administrative duties, including advanced word processing skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and databases and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals and provide customer-focussed services.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Initiative and good organisational skills with the ability to meet competing priorities in a fast-paced business environment.
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Hearder, Principal Consultant Literacy and Numeracy by telephoning (08) 9402 6293 or by emailing Linda.Hearder@education.wa.edu.au
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in the context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current, or recent, line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED