Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE673326
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Financial Planning and Resourcing Directorate is seeking a Graduate Allowances Officer to join the School Funding Branch.
The successful applicant will monitor and maintain accurate records of expenditure for allocations and payments to schools, including the Graduate Teacher Induction Program school allocations. You will assist in developing and preparing statistical information in relation to school resourcing initiatives and undertake research and data analysis to identify issues when providing support and advice to schools in terms of school allocations and payments. You will prepare reports, spreadsheets and support documents and integrate financial and human resource systems when responding to enquiries and issues relating to school allocations and salary expenditure. The successful applicant will contribute to developing improved practice and processes in the allocation of resources to schools and students.
The School Funding Branch is part of the Financial Planning and Resourcing Directorate. The Branch is responsible for the management of the Student Centred Funding Model (SCFM), the transfer of funding to schools, meeting Treasurer’s Instructions in the processes adopted and ensuring that allowances provided meet requirements.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and build effective relationships.
- Sound organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks to meet conflicting timelines.
- Sound research, problem solving and investigation skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Sound computer skills, including the ability to create, manipulate and analyse spreadsheets, and to operate computer systems and extract reports.
- Knowledge and application of financial and human resources policies, systems and processes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Greg McKenzie, Manager, School Funding by telephoning (08) 2964 0196 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED