Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH678690
At 8:30AM on 13 April 2021 the closing date for this advertisement was extended.
This is a Seven (7) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021 with possible extension (12 months)
Do you have the passion for teaching?
Broome North Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Primary.
Broome North PS is an Independent Public School that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school, opened in 2015, is a modern facility located on Yawuru land in the coastal town of Broome, part of Western Australia's stunning Kimberley region.
The school is committed to attracting, recruiting, and coaching teachers to master the explicit teaching pedagogy that produces high achieving students from Kindergarten to Year 6 The successful applicant will have a sound understanding of the West Australian Curriculum and will implement highly engaging programs, providing a broad range of experiences for all students, whilst supporting students of differing abilities through an inclusive approach and differentiated curriculum
The suitable applicants will desirably have the following abilities:
- An interpersonal skill-set that enables you to build strong and valuable relationships with students, staff and parents
- Effective explicit instruction skills in teaching content and shifting it from short to long term memory using such strategies as the “Warm-up” or the “Daily Review”
- Proactive behaviour-shaping strategies that support student engagement to enable positive student outcomes in and out of the classroom
- A commitment to ongoing professional growth by embracing new, evidence-informed teaching practices that lead to teacher improvement and superior student outcomes
- An interest or experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students (Broome North PS has an ATSI student population of 25%)
Our school staff are committed to building positive relationships, with the motivation to pursue excellence. Our dedicated and professional teachers maintain an environment which supports each child every day to achieve their personal best. Staff employ evidence-based strategies within a defined whole-school approach to maximise the effect they have on student learning. In addition, we continuously aim to deliver the highest standards of pastoral care and support services to enable our students to thrive.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome North Primary School can be found by visiting www.broomenorthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tracey Nicklen, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 3000 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Tracey Nicklen, on 0428 500 151.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to five (3-5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.