Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678160
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Dalyellup Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to work in collaboration with the Leadership Team to provide competent leadership across the school community, promoting school values, ethos and priorities along with maintaining and growing the strong connections that the school has with the community.
Our school is staffed by experienced teachers, administrators and education assistants who are dedicated in their approach to teaching and working as a member of a collaborative team meeting the needs of every student. Loyalty, teamwork and collegiality are strong features of our staff. The school has a strong focus on Literacy, Numeracy, Instructional Strategies, the Positive Behaviour Support model and, student health and well-being.
As our MCS, you will have responsibility for the successful delivery of all corporate operations, with oversight and responsibility for financial, physical and human resource processes. In collaboration with the Principal and other members of the leadership team, you will provide vital input to the development of the school’s workforce and business plans, including timely feedback on the school’s financial position and performance. In addition to maintaining the ‘day to day’ operational activities of the school, the MCS will be required to lead and ensure the ‘first impression’ of the school to new and existing families continues to be held in high regard.
Experience and strong skills in using electronic financial systems will be highly favourable. As a Department of Education school, Dalyellup PS uses applications such as School Information System (SIS), ICT Dashboard, Assets, RM Billing and Finance, and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS). The successful applicant will be prepared to learn these applications. Experience in digitising processes and the management and implementation of modern business systems would also be highly regarded.
To be successful in this role, applicants will ideally possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sound financial management skills, and strategic administration experience including the ability to meet all audit requirements. Applicants who possess outstanding organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise within areas of responsibility are strongly encouraged to apply. As are those who are solutions-focused and able to anticipate and adapt to change and have the ability to respond to the school’s needs and to build positive professional relationships that provide the link between your role and positive learning outcomes for our students.
Dalyellup PS enjoys a good reputation within the Dalyellup community and surrounding areas. Dalyellup PS is located in the Dalyellup Beach estate, 12 kilometres south of Bunbury in the south west of WA. Established in 2001, the school experienced rapid growth as the estate grew. The school currently caters for over 480 students from Kindergarten to Year 6, and is part of the Dalyellup Independent Public Schools Cluster, consisting of Dalyellup Primary School, Tuart Forest Primary School and Dalyellup College.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dalyellup Primary School can be found by visiting www.dalyellupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Alex Cameron, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dalyellup, by telephoning 0407 952 995, or (08) 9796 5600 or emailing Alex.Cameron@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing Work Related Requirements 1, 3, and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the school. Requirements 2, 4 and 6 will be assessed at a later stage in the process.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.