Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS677352
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Sevenoaks Senior College (SC) is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Library and Administration Support Officer to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will facilitate the day-to-day operations of the library, together with the provision of reference materials, information and associated services to students and staff. You will ideally be experienced with the administering of library systems, ensuring library records are accurate and up to date, including cataloguing, archiving and assembly of displays of books and materials to enhance the student awareness of available resources.
As a Library and Administration Support Officer you will assist with a range of school administration duties whilst being highly organised, energetic and willing to undertake a variety of tasks throughout the school day. The successful applicant will ideally possess sound verbal and written communication skills and your ability to organise and prioritise your workload whilst being a strong performer in a team environment will be integral to your role.
Sevenoaks SC is an Independent Public School and a Registered Training Organisation that provides students with a progressive and practical alternative approach to Year 11 and 12 schooling. Our central focus is on maintaining an engaging young adult environment that supports and empowers students to fulfil their individual academic, career and social aspirations. The modern approach to education offered at Sevenoaks Senior College equips all students to develop the social skills, values and understanding to be future-ready, informed citizens.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sevenoaks Senior College can be found by visiting sevenoaks.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Caroline Chellew, Manager Corporate Service by telephoning (08) 6235 7200 or 0407 470 301 or emailing Caroline.Chellew@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.