Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS675718
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Do you have what it takes to make our school shine?
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus (SC) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
To be successful in this position, you should possess the ability to organise and supervise staff. You should also have sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. The successful applicant will ideally possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and lead the environmental services team. As Cleaner In Charge at our school, you should also be well organised and have good record keeping skills.
Cyril Jackson SC offers an alternative to students who wish to study senior school courses in an adult environment with an ethos of strong support. We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate difference, our flexibility and our commitment to innovation. Students who attend campus come from all over the metropolitan area.
All staff are committed to the principles of student centred learning and working together in a collegiate and flexible manner to achieve the best possible outcome for each of the students. Our vision is to create an innovative learning community which values integrity, inclusivity, academic rigour and lifelong learning within a supportive environment. We foster an adult ethos in which we value the individual qualities of each student promoting independent learning, creativity, personal growth and well-being.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus please visit www.cyriljackson.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Santosh Pande, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9413 4700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the vacation period please contact Santosh Pande on 0434 921 931.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than two (2) pages, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.