Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS677133
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Perth Modern School is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking Human Resources Officer to join their friendly administration team.
As the Human Resources Officer, you will provide a high level of advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services and Executive in the human resource aspects of the school's operations. You will provide assistance in the implementation and coordination of staff recruitment, merit selection and appointment processes.
The successful applicant will also manage the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), including the coordination of leave and teaching relief staff, payroll processing and validation, reporting and reconciliation of staffing allocations and budgets. To undertake relief coordination. The duties would fall outside normal school hours.
Perth Modern School, a proud government school, is Western Australia's only fully selective school for academically gifted students in Years 7 to 12. Centrally located in Subiaco, the school provides a differentiated and compacted curriculum that develops the skills of gifted students. Professional, enthusiastic, merit selected staff provide a broad range of subjects and activities tailored to the special needs of gifted students. Our teachers' deep subject knowledge and passion for their profession will ensure that your child is always challenged and engaged.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with staff and work within a team environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in human resource management, including research, planning and recruitment practices.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to implement appropriate strategies.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting perthmodern.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Verboon, Associate Principal, by telephoning 0408 955 259 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.