Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP678388
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
The start date of this appointment will be negotiated at the end of the recruitment process (possibly to commence around the end of Term 2).
‘Students First and Foremost’
North Albany Senior High School (NASHS) has a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, inspiring and collaborative leader, to join a supportive team that promotes positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the local community.
The successful applicant will be a team player who will help lead the staff to address the educational and social needs of the Albany community. They will be responsible for maintaining a school culture that promotes positive relationships between students; students and staff; and engaging parents and the wider community in the educational work of the school. They will share the responsibility of maintaining NASHS as the school of choice for the families in the local area.
Through rigorous and effective change management processes, the NASHS staff have generated educationally powerful partnerships with the families and other service providers to support the engagement of the students in the local community. The successful applicant for this position will collaborate with the Leadership Team to continue the improvement journey, with a focus on creating and sustaining the conditions for high quality teaching and learning in every classroom. They will be innovative and creative in the establishment of systems and structures to foster academic development and growth in social and emotional development for students.
It is recommended that applicants considering this position, contact the Principal, Peter Hurle, to discuss the role.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Albany Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Hurle, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9892 0611 or 0423 294 696 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.