Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP654611
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021.
Hudson Park Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and team oriented Deputy Principal, ideally with practical demonstrated understanding of Students at Education Risk and curriculum expertise.
The successful applicant will have strong leadership skills to drive a culture of continuous whole school improvement that supports staff to implement high impact evidenced based instructional strategies. Applicants will ideally have effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with an ability to develop constructive, respectful and positive relationships that engages staff, parents and the wider community.
The successful applicant should also possess extensive knowledge in whole school approaches to curriculum, data analysis, self-review, and the ability to successfully assist staff with identifying key areas of focus to support the school’s Vision, Strategic Plan and Operational Plans.
Leadership in Student Services, in particular effective attendance processes to support students and families, forms a key element of the role. Leadership in STEM would also be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will ideally demonstrate experience in leading teacher quality, using evidence based planning to improve learning outcomes and be able to work through complex situations in both a team environment and individually.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to lead professional learning communities that focus on student learning, high levels of collaboration and a distributed leadership model. Furthermore, you will work closely with Phase Leaders to support classroom learning and teacher development. This will include coaching, mentoring and the use of classroom observations and constructive feedback.
Hudson Park Primary School is located 20km north of Perth in the centre of the suburb of Girrawheen. It has extensive grounds with large shady trees, grassed play areas, a large grassed oval, modern playground equipment and natural vegetation. The school enrolment is approximately 235 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school population is multicultural with 47% of the students speaking a language other than English. 8% of the students are of Aboriginal heritage. Our Vision is ‘We develop inspiring learning environments, within a collaborative community, where students have a strong sense of belonging and strive for their personal best.
All students and families have different needs and we strive to cater for all. We have established strong links with our local community. We understand the importance of positive relationships and partnerships in achieving the best outcomes for all.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hudson Park Primary School can be found by visiting www.hudsonparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Britton, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9345 6550, or emailing Andrew.Britton@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 15 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.