Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS676721
Shenton College is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and motivated Home Economics Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
As a Home Economics Assistant you will be working within a team environment to assist the teacher in the delivery of food and textiles classes. In this role you will be required to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, preparing materials and resources for use in classes, undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed, and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students. You will also ensure the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
You may be required to work with students either individually or in small groups in out-of-class activities and on school excursions. You will assist in food ordering, stocktaking and monitoring of stock levels and requirements. You should have the ability to ensure that the learning environment is appropriately resourced and maintained, with the health and safety of the students as a high priority. Suitable applicants will contribute to the development of a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
Ideally, suitable applicants will be energetic, flexible, organised and reliable. You will have a proactive and positive approach to your role and be able to work well autonomously and as part of a team. The ability to prioritise tasks is an important aspect of the role.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of a Head of Middle School (Years 7 & 8), Head of Lower Senior School (Years 9 & 10) and Head of Senior School (Years 11 & 12). The College currently has approximately 2600 students and 300 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the ‘whole child’ and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors to an increasingly interdependent world.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Susan McIntosh, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9366 9100, 0416 776 740 (outside of school hours) or emailing Susan.McIntosh@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.