Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA671903
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Joseph Banks Secondary College (SC) is seeking a passionate and committed Program Coordinator (Leading Teacher) who will work closely with the Principal and members of the leadership team to provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness. You would promote positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the local community.
The successful applicant will apply their professional knowledge and understanding to promote teaching, learning and student well-being within the school community; and assist in setting the school strategic direction. You would also support the leadership team through managing school staff in planning, directed at improving outcomes for students and the level of service delivered by the school. Program Coordinators at Joseph Banks Secondary College are known as Leading Teachers and they have key responsibility for student and staff learning. In 2021 our priorities are all focussed on learning: student; staff; leadership; community; and resources for learning.
Emphasis is placed on using technology in innovative and authentic ways to enhance learning opportunities. These priorities will be supported and developed by a Program Coordinator who is able to demonstrate instructional leadership, an ability to build and sustain quality teaching and an ability to develop a culture of orderliness and high expectations. In this role, the successful applicant has a major responsibility to lead and implement the College focus on Science and Mathematics learning. An important aspect of the role will be developing the capacity of our mathematics teachers in additive and multiplicative thinking skills across all year groups. Leadership within the mathematics learning area is highly desirable.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Joseph Banks Secondary College can be found by visiting www.jbsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Eleanor Hughes, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9303 7400 or 0439 682 763 or emailing Eleanor.Hughes@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.