Please be advised that the closing date has been extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS677411
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Are you an exceptional School Officer?
Geraldton Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated School Officer with exceptional financial and analytical skills to join our friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will ideally have a strong financial background to enable processing of day to day and monthly finances. It is highly desirable for applicants to possess knowledge of RM Finance and RM Billing and be able to complete the monthly expenditure transactions including EFT, BPAY and Purchase Cards for the school and assisting in aspects of end of month processes including bank reconciliation and report analysis, FREDA verification and online BAS submissions.
The position requires a candidate who possesses strong organisational and time management skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, and an eye for detail and high level of accuracy. Tasks will also contain RM Finance adjustments, banking, payroll processes and data integrity, ensuring processes are managed in accordance with the Department of Education policies.
As our School Officer, you would be required to support the Manager Corporate Services in the delivery of school database systems information, student support processes, student records, reporting, enrolments, marketing and accounts payable or receivable. The successful applicant will assist with administering the financial resources and assets of the school.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative and model excellence in customer and administrative support service delivery. Ideally, you will have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a fast paced, sometimes challenging environment.
The successful applicant will ideally have the ability in using computers and a range of application software packages in particular databases, spreadsheets and word processing and possess the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources of the school.
You will be professional and well presented with a helpful, friendly manner and you will be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work unsupervised within a highly supportive and professional team is highly regarded.
Geraldton PS is Western Australia's oldest continuously operating primary school, with students first attending in 1878. We are very proud of our school motto, 'Generosity, Perseverance and Service', ensuring we all display these qualities as we go about our daily work at school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geraldton Primary School can be found by visiting www.geraldtonprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Katie Taylor, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning 0436 696 557 or emailing Katherine.Taylor@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) to four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.