Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS676003
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
The School of Special Educational Needs: Sensory (SSEN: Sensory) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
SSEN: Sensory provides support to vision impaired, hard of hearing and deaf children and their families and is located in Padbury at the Statewide Service Centre site. The Statewide Services Centre delivers a range of highly specialised services to ensure all children have full access to the curriculum and school community to further enhance the quality of education. Staff foster a collaborative and friendly working environment, where each team member is valued for their contribution to our school.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of the Statewide Services team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean site. They will maintain and present the grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about SSEN: Sensory please visit ssens.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sisto Spina, Facilities Manager, by telephoning (08) 9402 6103 or emailing Sisto.Spina@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages.
Please address selection criteria two (2) and three (3) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
The other selection criteria will be assessed during the shortlisting process.
2. Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
3. Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.