Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA675446
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a Head of Learning Area (HoLA) – Technology and Enterprise with the dedication and drive to develop a culture of excellence in teaching and learning in secondary technologies.
The successful applicant will, in collaboration with the principal and the leadership team, provide strong educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting shared ownership of the school vision and strategic direction.
The HoLA – Technology and Enterprise will be an inspirational leader to teachers in their learning area and responsible for leadership of the school’s Technology curriculum across Years 7 to Year 12. They will have responsibility for the Technologies within Design and Technology, Home Economics and Digital Technologies. A teaching component in one of these disciplines is attached to this position. An understanding of Vocational Education Training (VET) pathways with a Cert IV Training and Assessment or a willingness to obtain one is desirable.
The incorporating of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) initiatives is a vital component of the role. You will ideally have successful experience with building collaborative teams of teachers and leading curriculum development, ensuring that teachers are developing consistent practices that maximise student learning and engagement. Our school works collaboratively to improve classroom practice using best practice research; explicit and inquiry based pedagogy and visible learning practices. The successful applicant will ideally have a solid background in developing STEM programs and will then be in tasked with producing a 1, 3 and 5 year plan for the learning area progression in this area.
Our vision for Applecross SHS is to develop confident and active global citizens by creating opportunities for all students Years 7 to Year 12 as they progress through their educational pathways. Our School promotes both academic excellence and vocational aspirations for our students. The School has an array programs and initiatives, making a real difference to many students and their future aspirations.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Currie, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9314 9393 or emailing Paul.Currie@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Paul Currie, on 0438 972 152.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page, statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history, roles & achievements and a professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED