Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS676135
At 1:50PM (WST) on Wednesday, 7 April 2021 an amendment was made to the closing date.
Shenton College is seeking to establish a pool of School Officer’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
School Officers will have the opportunity to work in a variety of roles within the different administration areas of Shenton College delivering outstanding service to our College community. Suitable applicants will have relevant experience and capacity to undertake a wide range of a support services to a high standard including but not limited to enrolments, attendance and other school reporting, finance and procurement processes, OHS procedures and requirements, and recording of the College’s physical assets and resources.
Suitable applicants will have a good understanding of relevant systems within a busy secondary school business context. They will ideally be adaptable and ready to take on challenges and learn new skills. They will also have sound organisational skills, possess the ability to keep to timelines in their day to day working environment and be a supportive, capable team member. Attention to detail and working within the Department of Educations’ procedures and processes is highly desirable. Suitable applicants will have exceptional communication skills to liaise effectively with all stakeholders of the College. In order to be successful in this role, you will require an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Previous experience using RM Billing, RM Finance, Integris, Hardcat and Compass will be highly regarded.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of Middle School (Years 7 & 8), Lower Senior School (Years 9 & 10) and Upper Senior School (Years 11 & 12). The College currently has approximately 2600 students and 300 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the 'whole child' and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors in an increasingly independent world. Our success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff.
Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence and success. The selective gifted and talented program requires staff to appreciate and be responsive to the needs of gifted students. With a 'can do' capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting www.shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Susan McIntosh, Business Support Officer by telephoning (08) 9366 9100 or emailing Susan.McIntosh@education.wa.edu.au. Please contact 0416 776 740 during the school holiday period.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.