Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS675692
Piara Waters Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Library Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
The Library Officer will provide excellent customer service to our school community and manage working in a fast paced school environment. They will provide library support to our leadership team and staff in the school. They will exemplify the school’s vision, business plan and strategic directions across the school community.
Suitable applicants will ideally exhibit excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills with students, parents and staff. They must be able to work within a fast paced and team environment.
At Piara Waters Primary School (PS) our school vision is Learn Grow Thrive - Creating Curious and Confident Lifelong Learners. We use cooperative strategies to collaborate on explicit and experiential learning activities. Students take responsibility for their learning by asking questions, problem solving and take on leadership roles within the school to build a positive environment for their peers. Teachers are self-motivated and mobile around the classroom planning for the progress of the whole class, small group and individual students.
Piara Waters PS opened in February 2012 catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located in the suburb of Piara Waters (South Metropolitan Education Region). We became an Independent Public School in 2015. As citizens of Piara Waters PS, we: Demonstrate respect, actively participate, engage collaboratively, take responsibility and show generosity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to provide administrative support and organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Piara Waters PS can be found by visiting piarawatersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Traceyanne Mutua-Muasya, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 4300, 0459966005 (during school holidays) or emailing Traceyanne,Mutua-Muasya@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibiity and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.