Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS677360
Cable Beach Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Education Assistants – Special Needs (EASN) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
The Inclusive Learning Classrooms (ILC) is a Department of Education endorsed Special Needs program catering for students with a range of special needs based at Cable Beach Primary School. Suitable applicants will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher to assist students to reach their full potential through the development of their academic, physical and social skills.
Suitable applicants should be innovative, team players and have well developed behaviour management skills, particularly in dealing with challenging/complex behaviour. Ideally, you will also have high level interpersonal skills in order to be able to work collaboratively with staff members to meet the needs of students. It would be highly desirable for suitable applicants to have experience in delivering to students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The staff at Cable Beach PS, in partnership with parents and community, continue to support a school culture with students striving to attain essential academic, artistic and sporting skills while developing a caring and respectful attitude that fosters good citizenship.
Cable Beach PS was officially opened in 1990 as the second public school in Broome catering for Kindergarten to Year 7 until 2014 and to Year 6 from 2015. The school has a culturally diverse student and staff population and prides itself on the ability to work collaboratively and to follow the principles of inclusivity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cable Beach Primary School can be found by visiting www.cablebeachps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Clare Bradshaw, Program Coordinator, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning 0434 000 271 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.