Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS674448
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Coastal Lakes College is an Independent Public School seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated School Officer to join their hardworking team.
The College having only opened in 2019, as a School Officer you will be pivotal in assisting with the establishment of the school, its culture and promotion of the school’s motto of Imagine, Believe, Inspire and Achieve. You will also be responsible for completing a wide range of administrative and support functions to a high standard to support the Manager Corporate Services. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and positive front counter support for the school community.
Coastal Lakes College is a rapidly growing College; we require someone flexible and organised. Experience in Student Services and an understanding of Compass is highly desirable. Applicants who are confident, organised and approachable with excellent communication and interpersonal skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
Coastal Lakes College located in Lakelands, a south western suburb of Perth in the City of Mandurah. It is a new and innovative college which includes an Inclusive Education hub for students with moderate to severe and profound disabilities and will cater for students in Years 7-12 by 2024 across the college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coastal Lakes College can be found by visiting www.coastallakescollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharon Fogarty, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9583 2800 or emailing Sharon.Fogarty@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Sharon Fogarty on 0407 311 229.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 13 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.