Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678743
Clifton Hills Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and hard-working Gardeners - Handypersons for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
Suitable applicants will maintain the school to the high standard to which it has been kept. In addition to maintaining and presenting the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition, you will provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition, and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. Suitable applicants will also perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records. As a Gardener – Handyperson, you will provide advice and support to the Manager Corporate Service on school grounds maintenance.
Clifton Hills PS is situated in the foothills of Kelmscott in a lovely setting. Our grounds are reticulated through a bore and sprinkler system and the school community takes pride in how wonderful our grounds are. Staff and students display a positive, friendly and caring attitude towards each other. These types of behaviours are promoted, encouraged and reinforced by parents, staff and the wider community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Clifton Hills Primary School can be found by visiting www.cliftonhillsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Patricia Joss Principal, by telephoning (08) 9234 7800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the vacation period please contact Patricia Joss, Principal, on email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than five (5) pages, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 April 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED