Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS674960
School of Special Education Needs: Sensory (SSEN: S) is seeking to establish a pool of hardworking and reliable Cleaners for appointments fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 and 2022 school years. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the 31 December 2022.
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties to give the schools hygiene a high priority.
Alternative Learning Settings was a new program established in early 2019 targeting a specific cohort of students, those who have demonstrated signs of physical aggressions and will benefit from a short term intervention program. The Alternative Learning Settings deliver specialised activities and learning programs that build students’ social skills and self-regulation. The program will have the capacity to provide access to specialists such as clinical psychologists or consultation with psychiatrists and when required can link families in to other Statewide Services supports.
All functions of Statewide Services support successful outcomes for all students. This is achieved through a focus on better integration of services with schools, students, families and external service providers; supporting schools and networks of schools to deliver high quality teaching and learning in every classroom; and creating expanded opportunities for students to develop the academic, personal and social competencies they will need for participation in the workforce and society of the future.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about SSEN: S please visit ssens.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Dave Dennis, Associate Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning 0449 278 889 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 April 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED