Please be advised the closing date has been extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH676011
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Mount Magnet District High School (DHS) is seeking a Teacher – Secondary Generalist to join the team.
As a teacher at our school you will work collaboratively with others to help create and maintain an engaging and stimulating learning environment for students in a multi-age secondary class. You may be primary-qualified with personal qualities that help nurture student well-being and engagement across learning areas. Secondary students have a specialist teacher for Health and Physical Education and Art lessons and some students are also supported by SIDE. We are seeking a teacher who is well organised and creative and is able to build strong relationships with students, families and staff. Experience in similar contexts or in developing successful engagement programs would be relevant. Capability to engage with Aboriginal people as well as experience with English as a Second Language/Dialect (ESL/D) learners will be highly regarded.
Mount Magnet DHS is on Badimia country in the Midwest Education District and is situated 569kms north east of Perth and 340kms east of Geraldton. The school caters for around 90 students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and we are guided by our expectations: We are Respectful, We are Responsible, We are Achievers.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Magnet District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Mary Duggan, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mount Magnet, by telephoning (08) 9963 4081 or emailing Mary.Duggan@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) three page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.