Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH662427
CONNECT, LEARN and THRIVE
The School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health (SSEN:MMH) are seeking two (2) proficient and enthusiastic teachers to join our school in the Mid and Lower Wheatbelt to support schools across this region.
We currently have the following positions available:
- One (1)x - permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position, based in Narrogin
- One (1)x - permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position, based in Katanning
Both positions will commence during Term 2, 2021.
SSEN: MMH is a dynamic and highly experienced team who work across the state responding to diverse student needs within a holistic framework of family, students' enrolled schools (both government and non-government), community support systems and the health community. The Visiting Teacher works within the interdisciplinary team at the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) to support the educational, medical and psychosocial needs of students and serve as a link between Health and Education.
The main objectives of the teacher role are to consolidate and develop health and education partnerships. Improve communication and collaboration between CAMHS and schools in the Wheatbelt, enhance educational outcomes for students with mental health issues, and improve liaison between CAMHS clinicians, schools and regional staff in support of students reaching their potential.
Successful applicants will require a breadth of curriculum knowledge and sound understanding of education systems to provide information to health clinicians, as well as providing information and strategies to schools for referred students. The role requires sound knowledge of education across years K-12 and the associated pedagogy, tact and diplomacy, effective negotiation skills and empathy. Working collaboratively with others and being open to their opinions and perspectives is essential to ensuring that as a team we deliver services that meet school and student needs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about the School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health can be found by visiting https://ssenmmh.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Angela Moffatt, Associate Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about working in Narrogin and/or Katanning, by telephoning 0436 698 138 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your relevant employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.